- Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability and Dog Bites
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Injuries to Children
- Property Owners' Rights
- Eminent Domain
- Criminal Defense
Law Office of Eric T. Taylor, P.A. (2003-Present)
- Became one of the few black attorneys in the United States to own his own law firm. Approximately 3% of attorneys in the U.S. are African American and own or have part ownership in a law firm.
- Firm’s focus is to provide fair, honest legal representation to people from all walks of life, regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual preference.
Senior Assistant Attorney General of Florida (2001-2003)
- Eminent Domain and Antitrust cases
- Handled Antitrust complaint filed by multiple states against the maker of George Foreman grills on behalf of the state of Florida. Resulted in a $8.2 million settlement
- Handled Antitrust complaint against three companies rigging bids on Lee County property tax certificates. All three were charged, 19 others ordered to pay $604,500 settlement.
Lead Trial Attorney, State Attorney’s Office 13th Judicial Circuit (1997-2000)
- Appointed to handle capital sex cases for the State Attorney’s Office
- Appointment for capital cases requires experienced legal professionals to have at least five years experience in criminal litigation, experience utilizing expert witnesses and evidence, lead trial experience in at least nine state or federal jury trials of serious cases, and at least two years continuing education courses for defense of capital cases.
U.S. Middle District of Florida – Serves the people of Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, Fort Myers, Ocala, and surrounding municipalities
Hillsborough County Bar Association – Comprised of more than 3,700 lawyers and legal professionals in Hillsborough County
George Edgecomb Bar Association (GEBA) – Founded in 1982, Tampa’s largest voluntary bar association comprised of predominantly black attorneys
University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida,
Currently ranked 47th nationally among America's top tier law schools by U.S. News
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida,